Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A story of one of the good guys....

With rent-a-mobs and terrorist organizations like Black Lives (Don't) Matter running amok, with the 4th Estate implying every police involved shooting is a modern lynching, it's good to see a cop shown in a better example of what the Thin Blue Line does every day. The video is well worth the 6 minutes.
Sacramento Police Officer A Shining Beacon In Wake Of Drive-By Shooting:

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento father watched his son dying after he was gunned down in the street.

There was no response, no heartbeat and no hope for Michael Caldwell that his son would survive.

What a Sacramento Police officer did next would change all of their lives forever.

On May 30, Michael Caldwell found his son Marcellis lying motionless in a pool of blood. He was one of five victims in a vicious drive-by shooting.

Families had gathered in Oak Park for a quiet Memorial Day barbecue when the bullets started to fly.

Four victims survived, but Marcellis’ life was slipping away.

Sacramento Police officer Beth Glynn was right around the corner.

“I heard over the radio that there was shooting,” she said. “I saw him laying in the gutter and I saw a tremendous amount of blood.”

A man frantically giving Marcellis CPR sees Glynn walking up.

“And he said, ‘That’s my boy,’ and my heart just sank,” she said.

She knows him.

“I saw what turned out to be Mr. Caldwell over his son doing CPR on his son,” she said.

Caldwell pressed his son to hold on.

“I’m telling him, ‘Hey Son stay with me, stay with me.’ His eyes were closed. He wasn’t coherent at all. I believe he was hearing me and I kept doing CPR until I got assistance,” he said.

“When I looked at him,” Glynn said, “I can tell he was starting to emotionally lose it. So I pushed him out of the way and started CPR.”

Arriving on scene that day were Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies Amar Gandhi and Jeb Trummel.

“Got bodies laying everywhere, people screaming for help,” Gandhi said.

“We checked for a pulse on him and there was no pulse on him,” Trummel said. “So, I jumped in with her and started doing CPR.:

Glynn wonders if Marcellis was already gone at that point.

“I didn’t think he was still with us but I wanted him to at least have an opportunity to fight for it,” she said.

Both officers continued CPR.

“You have to have that little glimmer hope that you can do something,” Gandhi said.

Minutes ticked by until finally, there was a pulse.

“It’s just unbelievable,” Caldwell said....

Gotta say I love the duct tape on the dashboard of the deputy's vehicle (around 2:10). That's real world! :)

Great work and hopefully the young man fully recovers.

Thank you Austin M. for the link

No comments:

Post a Comment