Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, May 5, 2023

Roll Me Away

I started riding a motorcycle in my mid-30s. Why then, I"m not sure, just never got to it until then. Well, after learning a few lessons on a Kawasaki, I purchased my 2007 Harley-Davidson Road King and never looked back. 

Ronald Reagan often said one of the things he liked about being on a horse is it clears your mind being on top of an animal like that. Mr. President, I (and many others) get the same from being on top of horsepower. It's you, your bike, nature and the road. I've taken my Harley on ridges of over 4,000 miles often, and a bike is a large part of my retirement plans. 

I joined the Blue Knights, a law enforcement motorcycle club in 2010, and this past weekend I spend 4 days at our regional conference in South Padre Island. Cops and motorcycles, just something right about it. 

One of my favorite groups is Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. While there is no "official" video for this classic, this is a good one. The song just explains how sometimes you just need to get away from everything. Some people it's a horse or boat. For me, it's a two-wheel animal. 

From 1982's "The Distance," Roll Me Away


Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment