Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A bit of the changing of the guard

As some of you know I retired from the Army last May and you can understand I’ve been placing older Army stuff (uniforms etc) into cases, into the attic. But I think this is the last of it.


I received this flight helmet bag (green one on the right) as a present from a friend Randy when I was a Lieutenant and he was a Captain. We were stationed at Fort Carson CO in the early 90s. I went there for a couple of years ago…post is still a dump although the area (Colorado Springs CO) is beautiful. But anyway during my active days, during two deployments, multiple temporary duties in the US and overseas the bag has served me well. In recent years it’s been more of a gym bag than anything.

But like many things with my former uniform it’s time to put it away. That and it’s starting to tear and wear out. Hell, everything has a useful life. It goes into a footlocker which is in my garage…life goes on.

I picked up a new bag from LL Bean and got it embroidered….I need to be reminded who I am!

Randy if you’re out there thanks…it worked well for over two decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment