Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Comments on a long week

It’s been a long ass week and I’m just starting to get caught up…where to start.

Been crazy at work this week, worked a couple of doubles including a detained case with a wife getting assaulted by her husband…suffice to say he shouldn’t be coming out anytime to soon…let us pray. Evaluating a rookie which is an enjoyable experience with a sharp man like but it’s still a lot of paperwork. So I finally just collapsed and tried to get caught up this am….didn’t quite work out as well as I hoped.


I finally did one thing I’ve been meaning to do since last spring. I retired from the reserves in May of 10 and as a retirement present I received this saber from the officer’s association and the engraved mount from my department. I finally got it over the mantle…took long enough and gotta work on centering it a bit better but finally…and it means more to me than the Meritorious Service Medal I was awarded after departure.

I finally finished reading Bush’s biography Decision Points… a bit redudant, kinda a "this is why I did what I did..." volume. Reading it was a bit history book to me…I was following the man for over eight years and I know many of the facts…so I wanted something lighter to start with. I picked up my copy of iInnocent by Scott Turow, the follow on to Presumed Innocence. The main character is again Rusty Sabich and his wife is now dead….I killed almost 100 pages today. It’s a real page turner and nead a break from more serious reading.

I recently found out Holloywood is finally making a movie (actually this is the first of three parts) of Atlas Schrugged…the trailer is below:



Hopefully they don’t screw it up.

Well, here goes the next week….will try and get caught up on my updates.

Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment