Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, January 10, 2020

Time Stands Still...RIP Neil Peart.

I was going to post a video from last night, but I just heard some very depressing news. Neil Peart, drummer for the band Rush, passed away at age 67, of apparent brain cancer (I am tired of hearing that damned word).

My wife Beth and several close friends are Rush fanatics. I liked their music, but it wasn't until Beth and I attended a concert a few years back that I saw just how incredible this band is. And I learned how Neil, besides being one of the greatest drummers of all time, was a survivor of the worse a man could take. In 1997, he lost his only child, Selena, and in 1998, his wife Jackie. This happened in the course of ten months. He recounts the 18 month motorcycle ride he took to heal himself, riding from Canada to Brazil, in his book Ghost Rider.


Rest In Peace Neil. You're with Jackie and Selena now. And thank you for the joy you brought to millions with your music, and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment