Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Success and failue

I've been in a running debate on Right on the Left Coast with an Obamaite...needless to say I'm not impressed by B Hussein Obama and this man is. One of the things I've pointed out is success in any endeavor is often marred by failures. Put another way anyone who is the best at what he does (Lombardi and Byrant at football coaching, Montana and Bradshaw at QB, Patton and MacArthur leading men in battle) has failures in their records. If someone is not making mistakes he's probably not doing anything. Some examples on the subject from great men in history:

"There is no failure except in no longer trying. "
~ Elbert Hubbard

"All my successes have been built on my failures."
~ Benjamin Disraeli

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
~ Sir Winston Churchill

Looks like a good article on the subject.

Obama: Mistakes? Can't think of any. | Byron York | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Seven years ago, in April 2004, President George W. Bush held a formal news conference in which he was asked, "What would your biggest mistake be…and what lessons have you learned from it?" Bush's hemming and hawing answer -- in several minutes of flailing about, he never managed to come up with a single mistake to cite -- was widely criticized in the days that followed.

On Wednesday, President Obama held a town hall at the headquarters of Facebook in Palo Alto, California, during which he was asked, "If you had to do anything differently during your first four years, what would it be?". Obama, it turns out, is no better at analyzing his own missteps than Bush.

The president began his response haltingly, pointing out that he has actually been in office just two and a half years, and "I'm sure I'll make more mistakes in the next year and a half. But what mistakes has he already made? "There are all sorts of day-to-day issues where I say to myself, oh, I didn't say that right, or I didn't explain this clearly enough," Obama said, "or maybe if I had sequenced this plan first as opposed to that one, maybe it would have gotten done quicker."

But the president mentioned no actual mistakes. Next, he brought up the health care battle, not to admit error but to praise the work of former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in pushing the national health care bill through Congress. The fight got pretty complicated, Obama said, "and I've asked myself sometimes is there a way that we could have gotten it done more quickly and in a way that the American people wouldn’t have been so frustrated by it? Was that possibly a mistake? Obama quickly excused himself. "I’m not sure I could have because there’s a reason why it hadn’t gotten done in a hundred years," the president explained. "It's hard to fix a system as big as health care and as complicated as our health care system." After a good bit of talking, Obama still had not mentioned any mistake or anything he would do differently....

Now I can count one or two mistakes George W Bush did in his eight years in office and I voted for him, supported him and gave him money. Such as not finding his veto pen for almost seven years, trying to get an amnesty bill through Congress right before the 06 mid-terms, not grooming an heir apparent for the 08 election, spending too damned much money. For some reason B Hussein Obama can't...but this fact won't be brought up on the news like it was with George W Bush.

If you're not making mistakes your probably not doing much...but Obama's ego is blinding him to that fact.

Oh, back to Right on the Left Coast...I keep asking this Obamaite to name me one thing BO has done wrong in his moderate and independent mind...he won't answer me.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he read this post:
    http://rightontheleftcoast.blogspot.com/2011/04/ok-so-you-voted-for-obama-2-12-years.html

    ReplyDelete