Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, March 22, 2019

An easily listening Telephone Line weekend...

I saw ELO for the first time last May, and unfortunately it will likely be the only time. Jeff Lynne is on his final tour, getting ready for a well eared retirement. I don't disparage the man for that, and I've got no doubt he will make occasionally appearances, with a smaller group of singers and musicians. Or he make another "Final Farewell" tour, like Phil Collins!

I'm not a big fan of extras to a music act, e.g. 100 dancers. I don't care about that, I want to hear music live. However, ELO, with the laser light show, works. I don't know if it's Lynne or someone else who sets that up, but the effect is great. And this song, Telephone Line, with the images of desperation in the search of love, calling out to someone, and praying for an answer. Too awesome, because it's true.

Enjoy. And have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment