Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, March 1, 2019

There is a house...in New Orleans...

I've been burned out on Mardi Gras for ages. I gladly marched in multiple parades in Air Force JROTC LA-62 back in 81-83, then a couple of times with Tulane Army ROTC in the mid-80s. Time flies, but I've not been interested in the parades since.

I do remember commanding the drill team in the Atlas Parade in 1982. Awesome event, except we were behind the Budweiser Clydesdales. Don't get me wrong, these are some beautiful animals, majestic, well bred and trained. But you don't want to be 20 feet behind them. The do have an odor, and let's just say I dodged a few large droppings during those three hours.

Well, Mardi Gras is this coming Tuesday, followed by Ash Wednesday. To those celebrating Mardi Gras, enjoy your long weekend. And to all, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment