Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Friday, August 14, 2020

If you leave the week....

My mother was nice enough to give me a few albums (vinyl, not CDs) and I'm listening to the soundtrack to The Big Chill. The movie for the Baby Boomers, friends recounting how they went out to change the world...and didn't quite make it. Sorry guys, the world is much bigger than you.

Well, I was contemplating some of the coming of age movies for a Gen Xer like me, and I recall going to see Pretty in Pink with a girlfriend in 1986. Good lord, almost out of college, about to be commissioned, going to take on the world, the Cold War going full blast, things were much simpler back then. And like the generation before us, life has a habit of kicking your ass. I've often said , if I had an autobiography, the title would be Well that didn't turn out as planned!

But for a few minutes, thinking of past relationships (a half life ago...damned!), I recall a great song to that movie. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, aka OMG, with their classic, If You Leave. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment